We have multiple employers searching for the best candidate and we would like to determine if you are that one. The employers are looking for a person with experience with the following skills:
- Organizes work load by evaluating routes, trucks and drivers at beginning of each shift, evaluating the factors that impact on-time delivery and anticipating/ addressing problems before they arise.
- Completes duties and assignments timely, thoroughly and accurately, proofs/edits own work to ensure error free execution.
- Seeks solutions to unexpected problems, acts promptly and decisively; uses job and industry knowledge and experience to make practical decisions about course of action.
- Tracks drivers and shipments to ensure on-time pickup and delivery within established “windows”, responds appropriately and timely to notifications of unexpected events, maintains accountability for timely execution of assigned loads by communicating effectively across shift or other changes and ensures that unexpected events do not result in late or dropped loads.
- Manages unseated equipment to ensure maximum equipment utilization.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of shipments, pros, changes and communicates information effectively, completely and accurately to payroll and accounts receivable.
- Monitors scheduled PMs and ensures equipment is maintained in optimum condition, communicates effectively with drivers and maintenance on equipment maintenance issues, effectively and efficiently facilitates notification of needed repairs or upgrades.
- Responsible for the daily operations of transportation
- Supervise 8 – 10 drivers.
- Prepare daily work schedules for drivers, ensuring that all operations meet mandated timeframes and product delivery deadlines.
- Responsible for fleet of 10-12 tractors. (logs, maintenance, registration) Ensure that all tractors fleet are properly maintained.
- Prepare daily reports and driver manifest.
- Review and approve Payroll for drivers
- Ensure that employees adhere to policies, procedures and safety practices; ensuring compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Set up appointment for equipment repairs, review and approve daily DVIRs and Driver Logs
- Responsible in following Carrier Routing and Load Tendering Instructions for every truckload shipment (FTL) processed. May handle less then truck load (LTL) shipments as required.
- Direct contact with carrier dispatch, and drivers this may include customer care to answer shipment inquiries and communicate shipment status.
- Confirms and/or processes orders and bills of lading with corresponding information and rates provided by Logistics Manager.
- Provides timely communication to customers and personnel on all aspects of shipment status
- Acts as point of contact for carriers dispatch departments (provides customer service and load details including schedule carrier pick-ups)
- Documentation of daily shipments with a log of time of arrival, time of load and time of shipping.
- Create, update and close out all entries in the transportation management system.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR LOGISTIC COORDINATORS / TRUCKING DISPATCHER POSITION:
- 3+ years logistic coordination / trucking dispatch experience
- Experience with TMW software or similar trucking software is helpful
- Experience with full load trucking carriers is helpful
- Strong attention to detail and computer skills are a must
- Excellent and Professional Communication Skill a must.
- If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, contact me at 336-663-2918
Job Type: Full-time